FUE Research Projects
The method of hair transplantation has developed in recent years. The methods used to obtain donor hair can be roughly divided into two main groups:
- Scar-associated obtaining donor hair
- Scar-free recovery of donor hair
The first group includes hair transplant methods such as FUT / Strip method, which, without exception, will create visible scarring and associated nerve and vascular injuries .
The second group includes tissue-and skin-sparing procedure, which can be grouped under the FUE method / single hair transplantation.
But still more than 90% of the performed hair transplants in Europe are performed following the method of the first group.
These reasons are:
- A Scar-associated process can generate three-times the amount of donor hair per treatment. This fact is for many for-profit medical practices and hospital operators reason enough, despite the risk of aesthetically unsatisfactory results and a short-sighted donor / donor management
- Extraction of donor hair following the FUE method is cumbersome and difficult to learn compared to conventional extraction procedures
- Lack of standardization of treatment methods and scientific comparative studies of the above methods of hair transplantation
- Lack of standardization of treatment methods by "loveless" delegation of medical tasks to medical and non-medical support staff
Our research goals
The multidisciplinary research projects among the most experienced European R & D specialists and researchers in the field of Hair follicle research are a better standardization and a qualitative optimization of FUE hair transplant method with the goal to define ways of further improving the results.
Among our research objectives
- To identify the optimal size for punches for intact extraction of follicular units
- To determine the optimal storage time of the transplants outside the body
- to determine an optimal medium for the storage of the transplants outside the body
- Above all to better understand the biology of the transplantation process regardless of the method
We want to publish the results of such studies in internationally recognized Journals and publication series available to science.